Total Pageviews

Monday, August 15, 2011

Until the last minute!

I know I've been away for a while and I missed out on putting up many incidents worthy enough to be a part of my memory lane. Still, I'll try my level best to sum it up all in one post. I am in a whole new world, experiences of which are reserved for a different post.

First thing first, bapu started spending 'a lot'of time around. It wasn't pleasant though,'coz I would always feel being enslaved for editing his contacts and wallpapers. We also had a bit of a tiff because of that but it's all okay now. It was bapu's b'day, I had a fall out with maa at Saroj's and I had stormed out without her. It was absolutely her mistake so everything was okay at home when she came back on her own. Bapu did visit late in the evening and we had a decent b'day celebrations for him. Next day we hosted a Satyanarayan Pooja, which went extremely well until the late night tiff with bapu happened. That was kinda the mood spoiler but then Bammi was just a skype call away and a long talk with him helped immensely.

Maa's b'day was different, we had a real blast of our own. We went to Ashoka, the great sizzler fiasco happened but it didn't bother much and in the end all went well. Next, day I went to Yahba's and had some real nice time there with all those people that I am not particularly fond of. I was really touched by their hospitality and it did mean a lot me. My packing was delayed till last moment, 'coz my clothes were not ready.  One of the cons of being a realist, frugal gal.

On the last day, I was down with upset tummy. Bapu came while we were packing my stuff. As usual he did lose his cool on both maa and I. I had some last minute things to settle, like threading. I somehow managed to squeeze in my requirements. Bapu created mini scenes in front of the visitors which was very humiliating and upsetting. As usual bapu kept rushing for early departure. I forgot my medicated shampoo and jacket :( My luggage looked way more than the limit, thus bapu got yet another chance of our public humiliation. Thanks to loafer's driving us to railway station bapu got back to sane mode and was nice to maa  and me.

With the help of porters we managed to get my stuff in our designated seats in the train. Just before the train left we were informed that our tickets were upgraded. Under normal circumstances we would have jumped with joy but looking at the luggage we declined the order. Finally TC intervened and helped us with shifting of luggage and we were happy campers in our new and better seats. We all took this up-gradation as a positive sign from the 'upparwala'. Maa and I were very apprehensive with bapu's decision of getting down at Thane at AhkerusM's place. Afterall, this was the very first interaction of maa's family with bapu, post the breaking of 'HIS' news.

Things went real smooth at AhkerusM's. They all were extremely nice. DidiM n Kaka were real great help with the money. Bammi's bapu was too sweet and nice with the exchange. I wish I could have spent more time with DidiM and ChotiM. Bapu did take me out and went by my will and was also very nice to me. We had so much fun on 'Mundool'. His frugality left both my feet corned but thats all okay since we had some real great father daughter time. When we reached home, almost at the midnight, it was nice catching up with Vrushu an her baby. I did spend some good time with the family.

Next day, was the 'the day'. I was nervous, hyper and craving for some time alone with maa. Unfortunately, I did not get a single moment with her. At lunch, Figo showed up with his parent. As usual it was one of those, his five minutes VIP visits. I really wish, none of the three would have showed up but then it's okay. I  can never forget the the heightened emotions in the living room just before I bid my final good byes to my family. I never expected bapu to cry so loud. I did hug him hard and had cried for some good time. It was the most difficult leaving him, worse than maa. I miss my folks like crazy, thanks to Public mobile they are just a call away...

At first the way to the airport looked pleasant, but then in the end we did get stuck in the traffic jam. Though we were before time on the airport. Though we were expecting some more family members at the airport, but I was too anxious about the whole luggage thing that I rushed for the airport formalities. To our surprise everything that I carried with me was well under the limits and my immigration formalities were also over sooner than expected. Fortunately I managed to shake hands with almost everyone who did make it on the airport but thats about it. I still long for that one last hug that I did not get. I did carry my cell phone so I was able t speak with my folks till my final flight from Delhi.

I had a good flight with Air India. The food was good and I was lucky with all the company that i got. It was just too cold for me and I did miss my black jacket from home. I did miss the warmth of my folks more.
I am hooked on to this song by drake:

No comments:

Post a Comment