Total Pageviews

Friday, September 17, 2010

Was it really me?

'Was it really me?' this is perhaps the only thought lurking around in my mind. I am amazed like anything on my own capabilities. I surely never could do this and by never I really mean never till so far...

This is about a dream conceived way back in Sept. 2006 when the final year of my degree college had just kicked off. I was chosen as a campus ambassador for an Indian MNC, so called an IT giant. I had sloughed my ass out and fortunately it did pay me off with my big ticket to HR and eventually IIMB...

I always wanted to work for sometime as a placement consultant, nothing serious but I wanted to incorporate this dream with due respect to my passion for HR. Since 2006 I have always been struggling for a suitable name for my venture but I never could come up with one. My thoughts on this aspirations were always very scattered and I couldn't help myself ever. Even during last couple of months when I wasn't working at all, i couldn't think about it. This dream for sure was buried, deep down at some place where I couldn't dig it out...

Today, a colleague from previous company pinged me just for a normal conversation where I happened to show some desperation towards getting a secured job, not that I am unhappy with the existing one but it's kinda too informal where I am not sure if I am officially on board or not? whether I will get paid or not? I know I am not scared but I am not too delighted as well. The enormous learning curve at new avenues and an excellent boss keeps me going and I am sure I am not going too shoo it away.

So, this ex-colleague pinged and after the routine exchange of information he got me on to the topic of consulting... My long buried aspiration, I startled at first and was too hesitant but then he made it so simple that I could buy his idea. Ten  minutes post the conversation I  was ready with the name of my firm, the email address and a logo with a tag-line, pretty cool... huh!

I still can't believe that I have finally entered into my world of passion so swiftly. I really need to poke myself to believe what has just happened to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment