Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Anahita!

I was waiting  patiently in a corridor of a humongous old Government building. I was looking different slightly older version of mine with drastic changes. Maa and a couple of family friends stood silent behind me.
A lady followed by a group of lawyers was approaching towards me. I was looking hopefully at her. She came n stood next to me. "Congrats!" is the only word I remember. An infant, a small baby may be 6-7 months old was handed over to me.

Suddenly I realised the ambiance just to figure out that I was waiting outside the courtroom for the final results of my adoption application. i had adopted this baby girl.

The officials were completing the formalities while I was staring in the blue eyes of this angel who would be my baby, my daughter here afters. The clerk who was completing the written formalities asked me for baby's name, Shloka, Rhea and million names crossed my mind but the only word that came out of my mouth was Anahita!

No comments:

Post a Comment