Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

aloof...

Last night...

I was welcomed by some strangers, all middle aged males, in a remote small town. After brief introductions I realized that I was in Paa's territory. I was given an apartment to stay closer to him and I was sent to check on things if they were decent enough for me or not. All the men were friendly and were of Paa's league. I could noticeably see Paa's influence and dominance over them. They were cautious and courteous, way more than required. I was getting bothered by the constant help around me.  Soon, I started craving for solitude and wanted to get rid of them but I was kind of stuck!

I was sitting at a restaurant. It was again a new place, an unfamiliar one but the staff seemed to have known me. The place was warm and cozy, since there was no vacant table especially for a single customer the waiter guided me to a preoccupied table. There were two aunties and two children. I was in a mood for 'main aur meri tanhaayee' and hence was apprehensive about joining with strangers but waiter insisted and I had no choice so I joined the table half heartedly. As soon as I sat there, all the background noises were muted down and I started getting the feel of being the only customer in an elegant, fine dining place. It was like being in vacuum inside a glass bottle. I could see everything around but was not affected by the surroundings at all. I started interacting with the waiter and placed an order for chicken stake sizzler with garlic bbq sauce. It was back to normal, amidst of crowd when the waiter brought food for me, suddenly there were noises around. I was baffled and off my equilibrium when the waiter started describing the dish. I don't remember what he said except his suggestion that I should order 'angaare/ anguri kebabs' as a side dish. I politely declined as the dish itself was too much for me and It was too late to order the side dish. This place now looked so much like Pune's 'Vahuman Cafe'.

As I was feasting on my sizzler. I heard a familiar voice in the background. I turned my head and saw that enthupaplet was irritating rockstar. And as usual he was really bugged over something, it was kinda he wanted some peace of mind. I was so tempted to join them or at least let them know that I was also here but I restrained myself. I continued eating, was almost focussed on every single bite. EP spotted me while they were leaving, I simply excused by saying that I didn't realize that they were there. Rockstar said hello to me, he looked preoccupied. He exchanged a weird glance with EP and he left the place. EP also left in hurry behind him asking me to catch up at her place. I wrapped up my meal in a rush and I was outside on the road. I saw EP was walking behind rockstar and I started following the duo. It wasn't Pune roads and I was confused as hell. The scorching sun and the fight between the duo was killing me. EP and rockstar were arguing over something continuously and I was the mute follower. At one point I screamed in panic and they stopped, again they exchanged a vicious look and rockstar stormed out. He caught the first bus that stopped and he was gone. EP sat down on the road and held her face in her hands. I wanted to speak, I wanted to comfort her but I was so dumbstruck that I was staring at her like she was dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment